Soraka, a celestial being from beyond Mount Targon, descended to Earth to protect mortals. She gave up her immortality and strived to spread compassion and mercy to everyone she met. Even healing those who would wish harm upon her, like on one occasion where an Ardent Mage was attacking Soraka with dark magic. Instead, he found himself healed by the kindhearted goddess. After seeing all the struggles this world has seen, Soraka still believes that humanity as a whole is capable of more than they think themselves able.
Who is Soraka?
Soraka is the eternal healer with a heart of gold. In her attempt to heal as many allies as she can before they die and respawn, Soraka gains an extra speed boost. It allows her to move faster towards low health allied champions in order for them not only to get revived but also escape from enemy attacks if necessary.
A star falls from the sky at an enemy champion’s location dealing magic damage and slowing enemies. If Starcall hits them, Soraka recovers health. Hitting at least one of their champions returns some pieces of her lost soul in the form of stray dust back to her. It grants Rejuvenation for 2.5 seconds that pulses over time, granting increased movement speed with each pulse as it wears off until she is restored completely.
Soraka’s heavenly light is always shining out, even when it is a struggle to keep up. She sacrifices her health to heal another friendly champion. She cannot cast Astral Infusion if she approaches 5% of her maximum health limit.
The zone created by the Silent Roar spell silences all enemies inside, but when it expires, they are rooted.
Soraka fills her allies with hope, instantly restoring health to herself and all friendly champions. Instantly fill your friends’ hearts up when you are in a tight spot.
Soraka's Skills and abilities
- EFFECT RADIUS: 2500
- TARGET RANGE: 800
- EFFECT RADIUS: 235
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 45 to 65
- MANA COOLDOWN: 4 to 8
- EFFECT RADIUS: GLOBAL
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 100
- MANA COOLDOWN: 130 to 160
- TARGET RANGE: 550
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 10%
- MAXIMUM HEALTH 40 to 60
- MANA COOLDOWN: 2 to 6
- TARGET RANGE: 925
- EFFECT RADIUS: 250
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 70 to 90
- MANA COOLDOWN: 16 to 20
Playing as Soraka
- Soraka is the perfect addition to any team, using her healing solid abilities and powerful skills in battle.
- Wish is a function in the game where you can call forth your allies to safety from across the map, saving them from otherwise fatal events.
- Equinox can keep enemies at bay by creating zones that are inaccessible to them.
- Soraka is a support which often works closely with her marksman. She can keep them healthy during the early levels of the lane phase by casting Astral Infusion before turning to Starcall to damage enemy bot laners and restore some health for herself as she uses this ability.
Soraka is a high-skill cap champion with a wide variety of viable runes. Summon Aery will provide the most damage and utility for champions who can land their abilities on enemy heroes consistently. However, Picking Sorcery as your Primary rune tree allows you more diversity in choosing which Rune best suits your playstyle or team composition.
Soraka can be a challenging champion to play well, but everything will go smoothly if you follow this build guide. The best item for Soraka is Ionian Boots of Lucidity, followed by Moonstone Renewer purchase. To finish the stack off with Redemption and or Shard of True Ice as your final items before using Flash and Barrier as summoners spells.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity
- Moonstone Renewer
- Ardent Censer
- Staff of Flowing Water
- Shard of True Ice
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Equinox gives a massive advantage to an assassin-type champion while also holding the potential for winning trades. Casting it beneath your enemy AD caster (Graves or Varus) greatly reduces their damage output. Casting it below the enemy’s support cuts off that champion’s ability to use abilities like Flash, Heal, Barrier.
- Soraka’s Equinox is a champion that can make or break the game for her team. Whenever Soraka casts the portal along an enemy jungler’s attack route, she forces them to choose between taking their time to get there and running into a silent/snare gauntlet of abilities on their way in.
- Soraka’s team fight presence relies on making quick, decisive decisions and utilizing Astral Infusion to its fullest. Though she prefers sticking close to her backline where possible, Salvation gives Soraka enough movement speed for a quick fly-by health boost. Thus, giving tanks the edge they need in battle.
- Wish is a powerful tool that can turn the tides of battle. As with most ultimates, it is best to use them at opportune moments. Either early on in fights for some health and momentum or late when your opponents are confident about their victory so you can devastate their team.
- Smart players will use Salvation to weave in and out of danger, ensuring that they do not lead themselves into the same trouble as their allies. Be careful not to run too quickly through a battlefield, though, because some allies may be unable or unwilling to save those who are healing from afar.
- Beware of enemy observations. If you need your allies to be stealthy, make sure they do not have low health near you, or else your opponents will notice their presence and movement speed changes.
- With Astral Infusion at level 1, you will be able to provide a perfect leash for your jungle in the support role and create an early jungle invade. It is crucial that it also needs to level up on-point, or else passive play may not work out. Maxing this skill first will give a major buff to healing output, so pick wisely when leveling!
- Starcall provides a brief window of opportunity in the bushes when you can spot your enemy before they see you. Use this to check bush rather than warding them or face checking, as it will help prevent unwanted deaths.
Must Read: What Is Buff?
“Yes, Soraka is a plantain. In fact, the only person to have ever turned down Soraka mid was Dyrus, and he got sniped by her silence.”
In life, there are many sorrowful things that happen. However, if you can overcome those obstacles with a positive attitude good things will come to you as well. I just hope that all of Runeterra can see this wonderful spirit in me!
Soraka is a unicorn. She has magical power that she must keep secret. Soraka can’t stay in the real world because if she does, her power will make your head explode!