The marksman class consists of long-ranged attackers that sacrifice defensive power and utility, focusing on dealing robust and continuous damage to individual targets. Among them is Aphelios, a Lunari assassin guided by his sister Alune.
Aphelios is a member of an ancient religious order known as the “Lunari,” living in the caves of Mount Targon. It’s the home of celestial beings, like himself.
He isn’t a celestial being, he is just a normal guy who was physically gifted while his sister was gifted in magic.
She swapped over to the spirit realm through an ancient fortress called the Marus Omegnum. The fortress only allowed one person to enter and they must be a magic wielder which Alune was. The fortress showcased their location to the Solari and they got into a battle in which most Lunari were beaten with Aphelios also being beaten in the fight. He drank Noctum (the poison) which allowed Alune to help him using her magic. The magic combined “the two parts of the moon” aka Alune and Aphelios which helped to push the Solari back .
Aphelios kills those who oppose his faith in brooding silence, only speaking through the certainty of his aim and firing of each weapon, earning him the title of the “The Weapon of the Faithful.” Although fueled by a poisin, rendering him mute, Aphelios is guided by his sister Alune, who offered an arsenal of weapons to him.
The poison makes him able to talk to her. He drinks it not to fuel himself but to speak with his sister
As long as the moon shines, Aphelios will never quit fighting, and he’ll never be alone, defending his faith in the moon and his people—one shot at a time.
Who is aphelios?
Aphelios is a celestial being and is part of the Lunari, an ancient religious order living in Mount Targon’s caves. The worshipers of the sun, known as the Solari, consider the Lunari as heretics, which is why the Lunari lives as outcasts, defending their faith in the moon.
The celestial being was always with his sister Alune, who grew up to be a seer, while Aphelios was sharpening his assassination skills. However, once the Solari attacked them, they got separated, which was necessary to realize their fate. Their separation allowed Alune to channel her lunar magic through Aphelios, conjuring it with his fighting skills.
Aphelios is risking it all to defend his people and faith in the moon while Alune is trapped in the temple, helping him find his path, bringing justice to the Lunari order.
Aphelios's Skills and abilities
Aphelios is one of the most complex champions in League of Legends and has one of the highest skill ceilings. That’s why when you manage to master this tricksy character—you’ll be able to outplay anyone.
Let’s take a closer look at Aphelios’s unique skills and abilities:
- The Hitman and Seer
Aphelios holds 5 Lunari weapons created by his sister Alune, where he has access to two at a time, one main-hand and another off-hand. All weapons have a unique basic attack and activated ability, where both can consume ammo. When the weapons run out of ammo, Aphelios discards them, where Alune will then summon the next set.
Aphelios starts the game with Calibrum as his primary weapon and Severum as the off-hand, reserving Infernum, Crescendum, and Gravitum on a queue. The queue order rearranges based on weapon usage.
This ability allows Aphelios to switch between his primary weapon and off-hand weapon quicker, around 0.25 seconds.
- Weapon Queue System
Aphelios doesn’t have a third ability. Instead, the third slot will show the next weapon his sister will give him once he runs out of ammo on the primary and off-hand weapons he’s using. Weapon orders usually start fixed but change over time—when Aphelios’s weapon runs out of ammo, it automatically goes to the end of the weapon order.
- Moonlight Vigil
The Moonlight Vigil is Aphelios’s ultimate attack, sending forward a moon that explodes on the first target hit, primarily champions, damaging nearby opponents. Aphelios will then follow up with enhanced basic attacks using his main-hand weapon against all opponents caught in the moon bomb’s explosion.
Aphelios automatically learns R when reaching level 6, and it’ll automatically improve in strength once he hits levels 11 and 16. Since he doesn’t use the points to put into Q W E or R, he can choose from damage increase, lethality increase or attack speed increase.
- Individual Weapon Abilities
Aphelios possesses 5 different activated abilities, depending on his main-hand weapon, including:
- Calibrum (The Rifle) – It’s a poke/harass weapon whose basic attacks have extra range. When under the Moonlight Vigil Calibrum Effect, its follow-up attacks can mark all targets hit, dealing higher damage when consumed. Calibrum is considered a sniper rifle.
- Crescendum (The Chakram) – This is a close-range DPS weapon acting like a boomerang. It can also deploy sentry shooting off the off-hand weapon. When under the Moonlight Vigil Crescendum Effect, its follow-up attacks increase the damage of basic attacks.
- Gravitum (The Cannon) – It’s considered Aphelios’s utility weapon, where it applies a decaying slow effect to targets. It can damage and root all enemies on the map affected by its slow effect. When in Moonlight Vigil Gravitum Effect mode, all follow-up attacks apply a massive slow effect to opponents.
- Infernum (The Flamethrower) – It’s an AoE or waveclear weapon, dealing basic attack and ability with increased damage, creating damage cones behind targets hit. It can produce a dusk wave, a wave of damaging enemies. Under the Moonlight Vigil Infernum Effect, every follow-up attack spawns damage circles around targets hit instead of the cones behind.
- Severum (The Scythe Pistol) – It’s a “sustain weapon” that can heal Aphelios for a portion of the damage it deals with targets. When you have full health, this grants a small shield instead. It can also gain movement speed, rapidly firing both main-hand and off-hand weapons at the nearest targets, prioritizing champions. When under the Moonlight Vigil Severum Effect, it grants Aphelios a flat heal.
tIPS AND TRICKS
Aphelios is an easy-to-pick-up character but is one of the most challenging to master. He has special ammo and swapping mechanics, wielding five different guns, each with a unique special effect.
Here are some tips and tricks to make playing with Aphelios easier:
- Hitting level 2 is the key to mastering Aphelios and unlocking his true potential. To do this, you must kill the first 9 minions (6 melee and 3 casters) situated in the bottom lane. Upon reaching this level, you can look to engage and go for a favorable trade.
- All of Aphelios’s weapons contain 50 ammo, so always keep an eye on your ammo and what weapon you’re holding to avoid mishaps while on the battlefield. Don’t get caught out with a gun without any ammo in a trade.When you use Q/R you use 10 ammo.
- When fighting against melee champions, switch W to Severum when they attack. This trick gives Aphelios bonus movement speed and rapid-fire from his primary and side weapons, focusing on the closest opponent while retreating.
Like all the best things in life – Buff is The only thing you share with us is your gaming activity, and even that is anonymous.
Generally speaking, you won’t feel the Buff app running in the background.
Our goal is for Buff is to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.
Well, this is our secret sauce. We have our AI-based algorithm that collects data, calculates statistical probabilities and generates the reward allocation accordingly, but the logic is for rewards to be based on in-game achievements. For example, the better your KDA ratio in LoL, the more Buff coins you will earn. On top of that, victories or defeats in team matches will influence your rewards.
BUFF premium is a monthly subscription at the expense of &1.99 per month. BUFF premium gives you special benefits as an extra 20% to your earnings, 200 BUFF COINS every month, Special Marketplace items, Special promotions, Dedicated Discord channel, Special Raffles, and more features to come…
Good thing you asked!
For anything related to feedback, ideas, product, design and campaigns: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit
For all your tech needs, assistance with Buff and bugs that you wish to report: Facebook, , Twitter, Contact Form, our Discord channel
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10 (Windows Vista and XP are no longer supported)
- 50MB on your hard drive.
- In-game support: DirectX8, DirectX9, DirectX11 and OpenGL
- Microsoft .Net 4.5.
- CPU – If your computer runs your game, it will run Buff with it.
- RAM – At least 4GB of RAM (Recommended: 8GB)
Our goal is for Buff to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.