Malzahar is a zealous seer who dedicated himself to unifying all life, firmly believing that the newly emergent Void would be the path to Runeterra’s salvation.
Once a famous merchant in Amakra, Malzahar wandered to the desert wastes of Shurima in search of his future and life’s purpose. He followed the voices that often invaded his mind to ancient Icathia.
Amid the ruins of the magical land, Malzahar gazed into the dark heart of the Void itself, receiving new power and finally discovering his purpose.
Now, Malzahar sees himself as a shepherd, destined to bring others into the fold or release the Voidling creatures dwelling beneath.
Who is Malzahar?
Malzahar was once a struggling child who lived off the streets in Amakra, but after he began earning money and living lavishly, he soon felt nothing.
Now, filled with nothing but a sense of emptiness, he left Amakra for good.
He roamed throughout the barren lands of the lesser Sai to the ancient ruins of Shurima. When he had arrived in Icathia, he came across a ragged abyss, opening his unsteady mind—and the Void answered.
There, its strange and unknowable energies saturated Malzahar’s mind, helping him find his purpose in life.
Malzahar returned to the people and shared the Void that would gladly embrace them.
And that he’d become the herald of the world’s salvation.
Malzahar's Skills and abilities
Malzahar’s kit allows him to clear minion waves in the lane phase with ease while safely inflicting large amounts of damage during team fights.
Malzahar’s Voidlings and Malefic Visions can also deal large amounts of damage over time. Plus, he excels at poking and inflicting heavy damage throughout the entire fight.
Here’s a closer look at Malzahar’s unique set of skills and abilities:
- Void Shift
If Malzahar hasn’t taken any damage from opposing enemy champions or is affected by crowd control in the last 12 to 30 seconds, he’ll passively receive Void Shift.
Void Shift helps Malzahar become immune to crowd control, reducing damage intake to 90%, lingering for 0.25 seconds after receiving enemy champion damage, or negating a crowd control effect.
- Call of the Void
When activated, Malzahar will open two portals to the Void at a target location that are 200 units away from each other opposite to his facing, granting sight of the area that’s in between the portals.
After 0.4 seconds, all enemy units between the portals will receive magic damage and are silenced for a certain period.
- Void Swarm
Passive: When Malzahar casts abilities, he’ll gain a stack of Zz’Rot Swarm, which has a maximum of 2 stacks.
Active: When casting Vois Swarm, Malzahar will consume all Zz’Rot Swarm stacks, and after 0.5 seconds, he’ll summon a Voidling at a target location.
Additional Voidlings will then be summoned for each Zz’Rot Swarm stack Malzahar consumes.
Voidlings can deal magic damage with their attacks, which is reduced by 50% against epic monsters and increased by 200% against enemy minions.
These stats are only applicable if Malzahar’s Malefic Visions has infected these enemy units.
- Malefic Visions
When activated, Malzahar will infect the target enemy unit’s mind, inflicting continuous magic damage over 4 seconds, refreshing upon damaging them with Call of the Void or Nether Grasp.
If the target enemy unit dies while infected with Malefic Visions, they’ll spread onto the closest nearby enemy unit while Malzahar restores 2% of his max mana.
- Nether Grasp
Malzahar’s Ultimate lets him form a tether on an enemy champion. This will knock them down while Malzahar channels up to 2.5 seconds.
He’ll then suppress and reveal the target enemy, inflicting them magic damage every 0.25 seconds.
Malzahar will continue channeling as long as the tether doesn’t get broken, even if the suppression gets removed.
Additionally, Nether Grasp opens up a “Null Zone” beneath a target’s location at the time of casting that lasts for 5 seconds, inflicting magic damage every 0.5 seconds to all enemy units inside.
tIPS AND TRICKS
Malzahar is an agile but heavily damage-focused champion that summons Voidlings to fight with him in his battles, swiftly taking down his foes.
If you’re able to master Malzahar’s rapidly-paced gameplay, you’ll be able to help your team regardless of the matchup.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you master Malzahar’s playstyle in no time:
- Early on in the game, use Malefic Visions to kill minions and farm to restore mana and sustain lanes.
- Remember that Voidlings can inflict significant damage to lane minions affected by Malefic Visions, allowing you to get last hits more often.
- Void Shift lets you abuse Malzahar’s CC immunity and damage reduction while it lasts, killing lane enemy units while refreshing the passive if you can’t avoid damage.
- Call the Void can silence enemy units and render them unable to cast abilities, inflicting decent burst damage later on in the game.
- Combining Void Swarm with Nether Graso or Rylai’s Crystal Scepter helps enemy units take the brunt of Void Swarm’s damage.
- Malefic Visions is excellent for farming, so you can use it to clear minion waves while allowing Malzahar to control his Voidlings.
- Use Malzahar’s Nether Grasp when an enemy is running away, forcing them to take all the damage you’re pouring out on them.
- Adding Liandry’s Torment to Rylai’s Crystal Scepter can apply a low-duration slow effect on enemy units while increasing damage dealt.
- It’s best to use Call of the Void on enemy champions affected by Nether Grasp since it’ll reset the timer.
- You’ll need to use Void Staff for Malzahar since enemy units will often build magic resistance items against him.
- Rabandon’s Deathcap is an essential item for Malzahar’s damage scale later on in the game.
- If you can’t get kills with Malzahar’s ultimate in a lane, push the minion wave and roam to use it elsewhere.
- Using Rylai’s Crystal Scepter can help Malzahar permanently slow down enemy units affected by his Malefic Visions.
- During team fights, when the enemy engages, use Malzahar’s ultimate on the closest enemy champion.
- Malzahar’s passive shield has a long cooldown early on, so it’s best to keep it safe while it’s down.
You can also check Morgana!
Like all the best things in life – Buff is The only thing you share with us is your gaming activity, and even that is anonymous.
Generally speaking, you won’t feel the Buff app running in the background.
Our goal is for Buff is to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.
Well, this is our secret sauce. We have our AI-based algorithm that collects data, calculates statistical probabilities and generates the reward allocation accordingly, but the logic is for rewards to be based on in-game achievements. For example, the better your KDA ratio in LoL, the more Buff coins you will earn. On top of that, victories or defeats in team matches will influence your rewards.
BUFF premium is a monthly subscription at the expense of &1.99 per month. BUFF premium gives you special benefits as an extra 20% to your earnings, 200 BUFF COINS every month, Special Marketplace items, Special promotions, Dedicated Discord channel, Special Raffles, and more features to come…
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10 (Windows Vista and XP are no longer supported)
- 50MB on your hard drive.
- In-game support: DirectX8, DirectX9, DirectX11 and OpenGL
- Microsoft .Net 4.5.
- CPU – If your computer runs your game, it will run Buff with it.
- RAM – At least 4GB of RAM (Recommended: 8GB)
Our goal is for Buff to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.