Kog’maw is a vile creature with a piercing and gaping mouth, brimming with raw curiosity. He was spewed forth from a rotting Void in the wastelands of Icathia.
Kog’maw is a unique Void spawnling as he needs to gnaw and drool on anything within his reach to understand it.
Although Kog’maw isn’t inherently evil, his beguiling naiveté can be murderous, as he often precedes a feeding frenzy to satisfy his unending curiosity.
Who is Kog'maw?
In a run-down ruin in Icathia, a Void spawnling known as Kog’maw journeyed to Valoran with brimming curiosity.
The desire which pushed him to explore Runeterra teased him continuously, encouraging him to familiarize himself with his surroundings.
Kog’maw got intoxicated by the stunning colors and aromas of Runeterra, exploring the fruits of the strange world by devouring them.
Initially, Kog’maw only sampled the wild flora and fauna he came across during his journey.
However, as Kog’maw traveled the Tempest Flats, he came upon a tribe of mortal nomads. He then consumed every nomad and any obstacle in his way, amounting to multiple times his tiny mass and volume.
When Kog’maw’s wake of the catastrophe reached the Institute of War, Malzahar greeted him with an exciting prospect—taste the best Runeterra could offer—on the Field of Justice.
Kog'maw's Skills and abilities
Kog’maw is a marksman class champion, so you need to be careful when facing enemy champions since he can be fragile and squishy. Master Kog’maw’s long-range playstyle to help bring your team to victory with ease.
Let’s take a look at Kog’maw’s skills and abilities:
Icathian Surprise: This passive skill allows Kog’maw to move for four seconds and become unable to cast abilities, summoner spells, activate items or perform basic attacks. He also becomes invulnerable, non-targetable, and immune to crowd control. At the end of the duration, Kog’maw explodes, inflicting 125 to 550 “true” damage to nearby enemy units.
Passive: This skill’s passive effect allows Kog’maw to gain bonus attack speed throughout the game.
Active: When casting Caustic Spittle, Kog’maw will launch a corrosive ball of spit in a straight line toward a target direction, inflicting magic damage to the first enemy unit it hits.
Caustic Spittle can reduce enemy units’ armor and magic resistance for 4 seconds.
Bio-Arcane Barrage: When activated, Bio-Arcane Barrage lets Kog’maw empower his basic attacks for the next eight seconds. Additionally, the skill grants Kog’maw a bonus attack range and bonus magic damage on-hit.
The damage is capped at 100 against enemy minions and monsters.
Void Ooze: When casting Void Ooze, Kog’maw will spew a ball of ooze in a target location, inflicting magic damage to enemy units within its path. Additionally, a field of ooze is left along the ball’s path for 4 seconds, slowing all enemy units caught every 0.25 seconds.
Living Artillery: When activated, Living Artillery lets Kog’maw launch a ball of acid into the air, dropping it to a target location after 0.6 seconds. This skill grants Kog’maw sight of the same area before dealing magic damage to enemy units upon impact by the acid ball.
The damage increases up to 0% to 50%, depending on the target’s missing health and revealing them for 2 seconds.
Living Artillery’s damage gets doubled against enemy units that are below 40% of their maximum health. All subsequent casts of Living Artillery within the next eight seconds can cost an additional 40 mana.
The damage gets capped around 400 per cast and refreshes the duration per cast.
tIPS AND TRICKS
Kog’maw has a pretty decent win rate because he’s a very flexible champion. He’s a marksman, dealing mixed damage with massive long-range attacks.
However, he’s very fragile – you’ll need a good support that will keep you alive so you can do damage!
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you learn more about Kog’maw and his unique gameplay: (Find out about League Of Legends BUFF)
- Since Kog’maw can quickly die when caught out, use Living Artillery to check bushes.
- Upon death, Kog’Maw can lose all crowd control effects and control his passive after taking fatal damage.
- You can use Living Artillery to reveal a slight sight of the target location for 2 seconds. However, keep in mind that it can’t identify champions in stealth mode.
- Kog’maw’s Living Artillery damage gets doubled when used against enemies below 40% of their max health—use it properly.
- Living Artillery grants vision at impact, so use it to check bushes and avoid getting ganked. However, be aware of its mana costs.
- Icathian Surprise allows you to move upon Kog’maw’s death after 4 seconds, inflicting damage in the zone.
- Void Ooze is the only spell Kog’maw can use in escape, so make sure to use it at the right time to stay alive.
- When you reach level 2 by eliminating nine enemy minions, choose Kog’maw’s Caustic Spittle as it can passively help increase his attack speed.
- Because Kog’maw’s already robust against resistant champions, using Lord Dominik’s Regard is a great way to buff him up more against tanks.
- Since Kog’maw is fragile and sensitive to all kinds of control, using Mercurial Scimitar is ideal since it can help you get out of any difficult situation with ease.
- Mercurial Scimitar also grants Kog’maw magic resistance and bonus attack damage.
- When engaging in team combat, Kog’maw remains a control-sensitive character, meaning you need to place yourself well during confrontations.
- It’s best to use Kog’maw’s long-rage playstyle to be safe while reserving his Void Ooze as means of defense.
- If you’re looking to spam Kog’maw’s abilities more, Archangel’s Staff is the item you need.
- You can build Rylai’s Crystal Scepter to help Kog’maw better hit Living Artillery.
- Using Void Staff is ideal since Kog’maw boasts high base damage on his abilities but not so high AP scalings.
- Void Staff can also benefit Kog’maw’s Living Artillery, which AP Kog’maw possesses over his hybrid on-hit counterpart.
You can read about ELISE next!
Like all the best things in life – Buff is The only thing you share with us is your gaming activity, and even that is anonymous.
Generally speaking, you won’t feel the Buff app running in the background.
Our goal is for Buff is to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.
Well, this is our secret sauce. We have our AI-based algorithm that collects data, calculates statistical probabilities and generates the reward allocation accordingly, but the logic is for rewards to be based on in-game achievements. For example, the better your KDA ratio in LoL, the more Buff coins you will earn. On top of that, victories or defeats in team matches will influence your rewards.
BUFF premium is a monthly subscription at the expense of &1.99 per month. BUFF premium gives you special benefits as an extra 20% to your earnings, 200 BUFF COINS every month, Special Marketplace items, Special promotions, Dedicated Discord channel, Special Raffles, and more features to come…
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10 (Windows Vista and XP are no longer supported)
- 50MB on your hard drive.
- In-game support: DirectX8, DirectX9, DirectX11 and OpenGL
- Microsoft .Net 4.5.
- CPU – If your computer runs your game, it will run Buff with it.
- RAM – At least 4GB of RAM (Recommended: 8GB)
Our goal is for Buff to run efficiently on your CPU and video card. If your PC runs a game perfectly, it should easily support Buff. Still, if you encounter performance issues please write to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.