Hidden in a valley, the Brackern race has long been thought extinct. Skarner is one of these species. Skarner is an ancient crystalline scorpion who harbors deep wisdom and connection to his territory and memories passed down from generation to generation through living crystals fused with their souls. Recently awoken due to recent threats against his kind, Skarner now strives to protect them by any means necessary despite being alone amongst those who would harm him. They see only worthlessness where there is greatness. It is time we change our perceptions about this hidden gem before it is too late.
Must Read: Sivir Abilities
Who is skarner?
Skarner has an extraordinary power that causes crystals to spawn in set locations around the map. When Skarner is near these crystals his team owns, he gains increased movement speed and attack speed.
Skarner lashes out with his claws, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies and charging himself with Crystal Energy for several seconds if a unit is struck. In case Skarner casts Crystal Slash after a short duration, he deals bonus magic damage in addition to inflicting more damage to the enemy.
Skarner gains a shield and bonus movement speed and armor while the shield remains.
A crystalline blast erupts from Skarner, dealing damage and slowing enemies. Basic attacking an enemy within a tight window of opportunity will stun them. Suppose you’re able to land your next basic attack against the marked target who has Crystal Venom. In that case, it will deal with bonus physical damage that’s capable of stunning for 1.25 seconds.
Skarner’s Impale skill allows you to suppress any one of your enemies for a few seconds while dealing continuous damage in that time frame. It also has no ‘displacement’ immunities, so use it to eliminate a top priority target in the enemy team.
skarner's Skills and abilities
PASSIVE (CRYSTAL SPIRES)
- EFFECT RADIUS: 1600
- EFFECT RADIUS: 350
- CAST TIME: NONE
- COST: 10
- MANA COOLDOWN: 2.5 to 3.5
- CAST TIME: NONE
- COST: 60
- MANA COOLDOWN: 11 to 13
- TARGET RANGE: 1000
- WIDTH: 140
- SPEED: 1500
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 55
- MANA COOLDOWN: 12 to 14
- TARGET RANGE: 350
- CAST TIME: 0.25
- COST: 100
- MANA COOLDOWN: 80 to 120
Playing as Skarner
- Basic attacks reduce the cooldown of Crystal Slash and should be used often to keep up damage. These are a good way for new players without any abilities to get involved with combat. However, they do not provide much in terms of utility or mobility.
- Charge in and unleash a mighty Fracture to proc the Crystal Venom, followed by brutal slashes that will not let up until your target is vanquished.
One of the most difficult champions to play in the League is Skarner. Skarner’s ability kit, when mastered, has some extremely high burst damage and utility that makes him one of the best initiators for a team fight. To get started on your champion build guide, you’ll first want an item called Turbo Chemtank, giving you both health regeneration and movement speed. It is also granting protection against slows. The next step would be to get Mercury’s Treads so that any enemies trying to escape or engage with turrets cannot outrun them.
- Turbo Chemtank
- Mercury’s Treads
- Dead Man’s Plate
- Force of Nature
- Sterak’s Gage
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Skarner is a brusque and durable brute with unparalleled utility at chasing down targets to deal consistent hybrid damage. His kit best serves him in the jungle, offering quick, precise times and effective ganks.
- Crystal Slash: When using this ability, be sure to slash before your first auto-attack. It will ensure you get the full effect of the cooldown reduction and maximize damage output when ganking enemy targets. When engaging in a fight against an opponent, you must use Crystal Slash as soon as possible after initiating combat. There are no delays between skills that can drastically reduce DPS output potential during long flights with melee champions.
- Crystalline Exoskeleton: Skarner is a formidable force for any enemy to face, but Skarner is not invincible. Skarner has an effective defense mechanism in his shield absorption technique that allows him to avoid damage entirely when necessary. The added mobility also allows Skarner to pursue targets who have escaped due to its ability to run out before reaching them.
- Skarner is an excellent peeler and can be used as a valuable tool to carry allies. Using the ability Impale, Skarner has enough range that he will not usually need help peeling for carries. When paired with Fracture, it becomes even more effective at protecting them.
- Impale is an ability that drags your opponent directly behind you for a certain period. However, if timed correctly before the duration expires, you can turn around and flip them over, so they’re on the other side of Skarner’s character model. It will increase the distance displaced by Impale even more.
Must Read: Rakan Champion
Is Skarner any good?
It’s hard to say. Skarner isn’t strong against much and it’s not as mobile as I like. I’ve always found him kind of clunky and unintuitive, but if you’re looking for a tanky jungler who can initiate teamfights, you should try him out.
Skarner = Best Girl : r/SkarnerMains.
Skarner is a crystalline scorpion that comes from a hidden valley in Shurima. He is part of the ancient Brackern race, and is known for his great wisdom and deep connection to the land. His soul is fused with a powerful life crystal, which holds the living thoughts and memories of his ancestors.